Sunday, January 22, 2012

What a Week...or 2!!

So I have sat down to write this post at least a handful of times over the last week, yet every time I do something else seems to happy {this will make more sense in a few minutes}. I apologize in advance for the ranting longwindedness, but selfishly this post is much more about me putting things 'out there' than anything :)

Let's rewind to two weeks ago...Sunday night we dropped off Kasen-always a bit heartbreaking and a nightmare, but we made it through and managed to get through Monday. Tuesday day was alright and we even managed to cook dinner at home! And then it started...poor Leah came downstairs to our bedroom and had thrown up. It was a bad one too! Nothing is more panicking than to have your baby girl outside your bedroom door screaming. "Mommy!" So upstairs Kyle and I went following the 'trail'. Kyle showered Leah and I started bed cleanup...yuck! After a couple of hours we got her set up on the couch downstairs and we were back to bed, to wake up only a few hours later for work.

So Wednesday I stayed home with Leah for a half a day and Kyle and I traded shifts at lunchtime. Luckily Leah made it through the night alright and didn't have any other issues and was able to make her playdate with Ransom {her friend that is a boy, but nor her boyfriend!} These two could be life long buds :)

Then Thursday night my tooth started to hurt, but it wasn't awful and I was able to fall asleep so no big, right? Wrong!! When Kyle came to give me a kiss Friday morning when he left for work, I knew instantly I would be spending the morning at the dentist. So up and at 'em to get the kids ready for school. Corin was out the door at 7:30 with the Stimacs {our lifesavers!!}. But as I was getting ready, Maddox threw up...are you freaking kidding me!!?? So a call into mom {another one of my lifesavers}, drop Leah off at school and off to the dentist. Before I even went in, I texted my boss and told him I would be out for the day. After X-rays and poking and prodding it was determined I needed a root canal, well DUH! So after the sales pitch from the dentist about some space age crown, the benefits coordinator came in. Thank God we contribute to an HSA because dentists are really proud of their work! So after a course of action is decided, the dentist let's me know his schedule is full and I will have to come back first thing Monday morning. In the mean time, I can survive off of antibiotics and painkillers. This wouldn't have been a huge deal, but Kyle and I were FINALLY supposed to go to Comanche to visit my grandparents. But we decided that as long as Kyle was driving we could manage...{I will save the details of that trip for a more uplifting post :)}. So Saturday we left for Comanche, came back Sunday, and other than the antibiotics making me nauseous, we made it through :)

We picked the kids up from Mimi and Jojo's house and headed home. Kyle and the kids had Monday off, so we stayed up a little late and had movie night! We watched Homeward Bound and the kids loved it! OS off to bed and the beginning of a new week.

I woke up Monday morning, got ready for my dentist appointment and went to give the kids a kiss on my way out and Corin said her stomach hurt. The thing is, the kids go-to phrase is 'my stomach hurts'. It can be translated as 'I don't want to eat that', 'I need attention', 'I feel like being whiney', etc. So I told her to get some breakfast and see how she felt...6 stairs later and it was her turn to throw up! Poor Corin seemed to have it the worst of the 3 kids and Dad of the Year Kyle got to stay home and take care of her :(

I had planned on going back to the office after my root canal so after 3.5 hours of work!!! I headed back to the office around lunch. I was there for all of 30 minutes before the painkillers and numbing started to wear off...my boss was nowhere to be found and neither was my teammate. So I wrote a totally pathetic note and as I was heading out the door, I got a 911 call from Kyle that I needed to head home ASAP. Corin couldn't keep anything down and it had been nearly 18 hours since she had eaten or drank anything. So after a call to the doctors office and some very teeny tiny sips of water, we were able to keep her hydrated and prevent anything too serious. But of course, the neighborhood girls had a painting class planned that Leah was able to go to and she missed out on :(

Other than Corin staying home and my mouth feeling like hell, Tuesday was status quo, a few work shake ups, but no big. And then early Wednesday morning at 3:35 am I woke up, literally sat up in bed and thought, oh my gosh, I'm about to throw up! I ran into the bathroom and you know the rest but to make it even better, I could hear my poor hubbie running to our guest bathroom doing the same! Ugh, two hours later, we were finally able to get some sleep. Corin was my hero that morning!!! She got herself ready for school, packed hers and Leah's lunches and got out the door with me barely getting out of bed. Kyle and I both attempted to get out of bed and take the little ones to school, but it just wasn't going to happen. So another call to Mimi and Kyle and I spent the rest of the day in bed!! We finally let our nanny leave around 4:30 and relocated ourselves to the upstairs couch. Thursday we all made it to work/school for the whole day!! The week was turning around, right??

Well after an awesome phone call from one of my least favorite people telling me how difficult I am and I'm just not helping him out with anything, we headed into Friday...and the one thing that could make these last two hellacious weeks better, was picking up our sweet baby K!! The kids and I met Kyle at Target on the way to Benbrook. As we pulled out into the busy street, a motorcycle clipped the back of our car...I instantly knew there would be no picking up Kasen this weekend :( After dealing with the cops and a very angry motorcyclist for over an hour, there was no way we could make it to Benbrook by 6. But Morgan, it was an accident! People understand that things happen sometimes and other plans need to be arranged, right? Yes blog followers, you are right! The understanding, sensitive person would. But unfortunately that is not who we are dealing with. So after my children being scared to death with a car accident, I get to tell their crying faces that we would not be able to pick up their little brother this weekend...the one thing they had been looking forward too. So thanks for that!!

We all sulked for most of the evening and a bit of Saturday, but Sunday morning we woke up, made it to mass and had a pretty good day. Because here is the thing...NO MATTER WHAT ever happens, I end everyday with the unconditional love of the best husband in the world and all FOUR of our amazing children. I might not see Kasen everyday, but on the days I do, his face lights up when I go to get him out of his crib in the morning! The way he runs to me with a big smile on his face after he runs errands with his Dad and the other kids could cure anything!! He might not be able to say it yet, but I know he loves this family! He loves being here with his brother and sisters and just like them, his Dad is his safe place. When he is unsure of someone or something, he grabs ahold of Kyle's leg and doesn't let go. So in a few years, when visitation schedules don't matter, those feelings will! The love and support we show him will matter more than anything! On this day that commemorates a tragic decision by the US Supreme Court, I am eternally grateful for a prayerful and steadfast husband that fought until the bitter end for our son. {Other people should be thankful for this too.}

And as far as some people thinking I am not helpful or wanting to work with them on things...see paragraph above, replace 'Kasen' with 'Corin, Maddox and Leah'.

In a little over a week I will celebrate my 30th birthday with some old friends and all of our cute little kiddos! Those friendships, a fabulous marriage, a job I love and healthy babies...what more could I ask for! Some people won't have the amount of life experiences I have had in my short 30 years, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Kyle and I will always strive to do the right thing and set that example for our children.

I promise that the next post will be uplifting with super cute pictures and all of that! The girls are starting soccer in the next week and Kyle is Leah's coach...how could that not be cute??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment