my all-time favorite VAIL shirt
my go-to Texas Lassos shirt
I bought these shorts during my freshman year at UT at the Jester Store in my dorm. The elastic has stretched out, the Longhorn is faded and there is a splat of blue paint on them...they are fabulous!!! I wear them around the house, run to Wal-Mart and Home Depot in them and I'll sit in the school carpool line in them. But I would never wear them to work or church, etc. Get the point :)
Well duh, big red truck, Morgan! I know, this would seem obvious. Who would wear crummy gym shorts to work? It seems crazy, so let's go through some more examples that seem to slap me in the face on a constant basis...
PLATFORM HEELSThese shoes are sexy!
If my big, strong husband is by my side for a night out, I will be brave enought to rock these and take the chance that I might stumble {but only because my Bear is there to catch me}. But if you are heading to the office {and you don't happen to work in any of the adult industries} and every step you take on your way out to the car makes you look like there is a stick stuck up your #>*, turn around, head back to the closet and rethink things. Even you single ladies trying to impress the newest member of the cube farm...your hot new neighbor will appreciate your mobility and confidence in a pair of shorter heels while you head out for lunch.
LEGGINGS Ok, ok. I know I draw some cross fire with this one, but leggings are not work pants! Skinny trousers, sure. Cropped khakis, absolutely. Even with boots and a huge sweater, leggings are not ok! I wore this outfit out in Vegas. I would NEVER wear these to work. See when to wear and when not to wear :)
CUTOFF SHORTS
I think this whole concept is ridiculous unless you are 12, whitewashing a fence or out of financial necessity you are only going to be able to own a pair a shorts if you cut the legs off of your jeans. The only thing that makes these more ridiculous is that people actually pay money for these {as evidenced by the seam sown around the bottom above the scraggly threads} and the pockets hanging out of the bottom!! Really?? Really!! I don't think butt cheeks hanging out of shorts or checking your pockets from the bottom is EVER appropriate. And if you are a mom of any age and own these, shame on you!These are just a few examples...and don't get me wrong, I have my fat pants and frumpy cardigan that I wear on days I'm just not feeling it. But it's still appropriate. My boobs aren't on the verge of causing a wardrobe malfunction and I'm not constantly grabbing the bottom of my skirt to make it seem longer! I'm sure the Fashion Police {with their purple hair and plastic face} would have a problem with some of my fashion choices.



So I guess if there is anything to gain from this rant, remember how old you are, wear you are going and that confidence is sexier than too much skin or platform heels :) {and that center parts look ridiculous of pretty much everyone}
I love you all {even if you're guilty :)}!

No comments:
Post a Comment