The Lang family has sustained its first emergency room worthy injury. As a preface, I will say Kyle and I aren’t parents that run to the doctor for every sniffley noise or minor cough. I think as parents you have an intuition and know when something is really wrong with one of your kids. {And which ones are a little ‘dramatic’ and looking for attention!}
So this weekend we had another COLD and windy soccer game. Kyle and Leah left early to get there for pre-game warmup while the other kids and I got to the fields just in time. The girls were cold but got out there and played hard. I try to take pictures of all of the girls for our soccer blog {http://fsa-rockingrainbows.blogspot.com/} so during the 4th quarter I was hanging out by our goal trying to get a few pictures of the girls scoring. The girls move like amoebas and then all of the sudden one of the cells will break away and head towards the goal. So in the midst of one of these amoeba movements was a HUGE scream and then a fall…it was our Leah Lu Hu. She couldn’t stop screaming. But here is the thing about Leah, she has the tendency to be over dramatic and a little high strung. So while Kyle finished the 4th quarter, I tried to get her calmed down enough to figure out how bad it was and what we should do. She hadn’t eaten lunch which is typically a trigger for dramatics as well. She was terrified to go to the doctor so that didn’t help much in trying to decipher what was going on either! We got home and finally got her long sleeves off and it was not good. It looked like a tennis ball had been stuck under her elbow. Kyle headed off to CareNow (after I verified they did xrays) while I got Corin ready for cheer. Kyle is Leah’s woobie…when something is wrong and all else fails-GET KYLE! After a bit of time at CareNow and horribly painful x-rays {daddy did not do well with these} it was decided she had fractured her elbow and needed to go to the ER. I pretty much kicked Corin out of the car at her game, dropped the boys off with Mimi and headed to Plano. It was the saddest sight I had ever seen!
She had to have another round of x-rays but finally had some pain medication. Kyle was fabulous at keeping her calmed down!
After what seems like forever she had a splint put on and we were sent on our way. Of course, we had to go to an orthopedist later that week. The orthopedist confirmed she had a supracondylar humeral fracture. It is the minorist of types and she gets her cast off on Halloween! Hopefully we can squeeze in one last soccer game J
Pain meds have kicked in!









No comments:
Post a Comment