So for my birthday dinner, Kyle told me to wear a dress and heels and be ready for a great dinner. He was so excited! Normally I am a total nosey nelly about surprises, but I decided to just let this one go and enjoy the day. So since I wouldn't guess, Kyle gave me 'hints' that were all over the place...at lunch he told me not to eat mexican food, at one point we were eating downtown and another we were going to the Gaylord. I decided all of these hints were pointless and just got myself and the kiddos ready to go.
Before we left I got to open my presents...Godiva chocolate covered strawberries, a new work/laptop bag and an awesome new watch!!! After dropping the kids off with Mimi and Jojo, we were off...we headed down the Tollway, took an apparent wrong exact and then went back up the Tollway to ... BOB'S!!! We ate at Bob's the night before we got married so it's definitely a special place for us, and it's freaking delicious!! We had a great night at one of our favorite restaurants...best birthday ever :)
Fast forward through a couple of nights worth of working late and parent soccer meetings and it was time to celebrate with friends! On Friday I picked up Kasen J, so obviously the weekend would be perfect! Friday night we all went to dinner with my mom and Larry and my mom made this awesome cake with super pretty flowers for decoration :)
On Saturday, my friends Alyssa and Holly and their families came over. Poor Emma was sick, so Lindsey and her group had to stay home :( I have known Holly and Lindsey since junior high and Alyssa knew Holly in elementary school...then I met Alyssa when we both attempted teaching and BAM, a Prosper reconnection was in effect. So the Chez du Lang had 6 adults and 7 kids running around the house...it was perfectly crazy! Love these girls and their sweet families...but I'm thinking next time we head to the park!
On Saturday, my friends Alyssa and Holly and their families came over. Poor Emma was sick, so Lindsey and her group had to stay home :( I have known Holly and Lindsey since junior high and Alyssa knew Holly in elementary school...then I met Alyssa when we both attempted teaching and BAM, a Prosper reconnection was in effect. So the Chez du Lang had 6 adults and 7 kids running around the house...it was perfectly crazy! Love these girls and their sweet families...but I'm thinking next time we head to the park!
Lyss, me and Holly
Corin and Madison were hiding from Leah...
But Leah didn't care because she had this guy to cuddle with!
Corin built a tent...
Maddox demolished it and found her :)
Sunday, Pearpa and Grandma came over to hang out for a bit {and brought an awesome iPad case to go with my new iPad!!} and then it was time to chill out for a bit. The big kids took a nap while Kasen had some dad time :) He is just so sweet and so perfect and loves hanging out with the 'big' kids! It gets harder to drop him off every time and I hope he misses us as much as we miss him! And watching him wave bye and point to the car is either the sweetest or saddest thing ever!!







No comments:
Post a Comment