So Kasen's birthday party isn't until Saturday, but due to some people being uncooperative, we had to switch the date of his party...luckily our cake lady was able to make the switch too!! It meant getting the cake a few days early, but it was TOTALLY worth it! As most of you know I have started a graphic design and paper goods business and this is the first cake I have had made based off of one of those.
So my cake lady, isn't just the cake lady...Melody and I worked together teaching preschool and her ridiculously adorable daughter was in my class. That girl kept me sane!! So she basically makes cakes for everyone {you might have seen her on TV recently ;)} She has done a few for me over the years and now I book her like 3-4 months in advance. The cakes are delicious, AFFORDABLE and oh yeah, ridiculously cute!!!
Here are pictures of the Sesame Street Invitation and Party Coordinates I have listed on etsy and am using for Kasen's party. I will have 'live action' pictures uploaded after this weekend. I am not big on characters...patterns, colors, fonts are totally my thing, but it is VERY rare that you are going to find Dora plastered on anything I design. So for Kasen's party I took the colors of his favorite character, Elmo, used polka dots to mimic Elmo's big orange nose and of course added in the iconic Sesame Street sign. Throw in a few memorable sayings with a personalized twist and BAM, you have a Sesame Street party without a life size Big Bird at your door! You can do theme party without screaming "I bought every Team Umizoomi item they had at Party City!"
But as much as I turn my nose up at characters, my K-diggity LOVES Elmo! SO my husband told me he had to be on the cake somewhere. So I sent Melody the invite, told her to put Elmo on there somewhere and voila! It is perfect!!! And that is seriously all of the direction I gave her. The best part is that the top tier is a smash cake so we will take it off for Kasen to dig into and Elmo will be ALL his! He is going to die.
I absolutely cannot wait for Saturday! Thank you so so much Melody!!
You can find my shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/prairietaleparchment
and Melody's cakes at https://www.facebook.com/MelodyBradleyCakes.
{Get to shopping people :)}







No comments:
Post a Comment