Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pumpkin Carving and Painting

What a mess!! But the most fun usually is a mess, right?? So Sunday night we decided to carve two big pumpkins and let each of the bigger kids paint smaller pumpkins. And we did this all inside...for the life of me I don't know why!

But here we go!! We bought a pumpkin carving kit for Kyle to use on his pumpkin and I decided to drill holes in mine to make it polka dotted {and more fall themed instead of Halloween}!! That's right...POWER TOOLS!!
So while Kyle gutted pumpkins {it's always best to find an unsuspecting husband to do the gross part :)}
The kids began to paint. I think Corin and Leah had a plan but Maddox was into the more the better. The top of his pumpkin became more of a paint bowl.




Back to the pumpkin gutting and carving...Kyle picked a cat stencil to work with. He was actually really good at it!





And for the polka dot pumpkin...I bought a strand of 100 Christmas lights so I spaced out 100 dots over the pumpkin and started to drill!


This was way more exhausting than I had anticipated, ugh! But with my little helper, we started to push each Christmas light into the holes.
 100 Christmas lights, a power drill, a cat stencil, more paint than necessary and a couple of smelly hands later and TADA!



{this is a pinterest project in the making. I just need to add an 'L'}




Happy Halloween !!! Love the Langs!

Trick or Treat and costume pics coming up next ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment