I just really don't know what else to title this blog post. Do you ever have on of those days that just can't end soon enough?? Well this has seemed like one of those weeks! If you don't know me well, I apologize in advance for my sarcasm laden rant...you have been warned!
The weekend was pretty status quo-cheer, busy, someone didn't feel well, roundtrip to Benbrook to pick up/drop off Special K, etc. Exhausting but no big. And then came Monday and BAM!!! It's like every little thing piled up. I had the realization that OMG we leave for Vail in less than a month. We haven't ordered kids snow clothes yet, I need ski pants, have I even asked for time off (oh wait, my job rocks, so forget that!). Then of course I get to Leah's school and realize that yet again I don't have cash for her Halloween party. I never have cash, but who wants to write a $5 check?? Ugh, fine...check written. Off to work, blah, blah, running late picking up the kids, cheer practice, grocery store (possibly my least favorite place ever-what happened to the grocery delivery people?!?!?!). Finally the day winded down, kids in bed, RANGERS WIN and in bed after midnight AGAIN! Tuesday day was eh...busy at work, cheer after school, etc. And then I spent all day today thinking it was Thursday and then had to keep reminding myself 'too bad girlfriend, you got 2 more days of this fantabulous week left!'
And who the heck dumped all of their laundry off all over my house?? Where does it come from?? Does the laundry devil come and wreak havoc while we are gone?? I don't want to do laundry! I want to go on a date, but OH wait, I can't go on a date because I don't have a clean towel to shower with! And where does all of this stuff on the floor come from?? Why is it necessary to sweep EVERYday?? Maybe my standards are too high, but I just can't live in a pig sty! Why spend the money on a nice house and things, if they are covered in crap?! But wait, I want to spend time with the kids. Maybe I will just stop sleeping, ummm, that one is almost complete already. Back to the cleaning...Kyle and I bought this steamer a few weeks back. It steams everything and has floor attachments. So once again, I sweep the floor and then go to steam....holy crap, our floors are disgusting! I sweep, I mop...where is this stuff coming from??
So tonight, instead of folding laundry or sweeping the floor, I am blogging. That's right. I have shucked all responsibility, chilled with the kids until they went to bed, and threw the clean clothes on the floor (OH MY!) to be folded later. But while all of this is going on, my super fabulous husband is with our oldest at rehearsal for her cheer recital. Hundreds of screaming little girls crammed in a hallway, waiting for their turn. He is my hero!!
And now he is home...time to go be lazy in bed and overload ourselves on DVR shows. SO to all of you moms who try to find the balance between work, kids, home, etc. BE LAZY!!! Let the cleaning go and get some sleep :) (I am saying this to myself more than anyone!)
Deuces gooses! Have a Happy Halloween!
UPDATE: After Corin going to bed an hour and a half later than normal, she had a complete meltdown about...blankets! So much for being lazy and relazing. I guess that will wait for 18 years :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment