Monday, March 12, 2012

LMM 3-8-11

March 8, 2012 was the first anniversary of mine and Kyle's crazy journey...a journey of ups and downs and crazy people and moments but through all of them, an uncompromising love that we are thankful for every moment of everyday!

To My Castle:
I am crazy and emotional and a little bit OCD but everyday I wake up without a single doubt about who will be with me through it all. I strive everyday to be the best wife and mother...sometimes I'm successful and others I should just get in bed and start over the next day! From the endless emails that let me know more about the man I was quickly falling in love with to the 6 hour first date that felt like a complete whirlwind, I loved you first! Raising our babies and becoming one big family means more to me than anyone will ever know. Without having been in my shoes, no one will ever understand how you saved me...changed my life forever in the most overwhelming way! Not to steal a line, but 'the stakes are high, the water's rough, but this LOVE is OURS'!

And a guest post from my husband, Kyle:

An anniversary as defined by the dictionary is the annual recurrence of a date marking a notable event.  March 8th was our first wedding anniversary.  That’s right we made it through the first 12 months or 365 days or 8,760 hours or 525,600 minutes or 31,536,000 seconds.  I prefer the last because the bigger number makes this small feat seem huge.  But then again does the number of seconds, days, months or years really determine the worthiness of celebrating an anniversary or an event?  Maybe it’s what you pack into that year or 20 years that determines it’s worth, I guess what I’m saying is that not all anniversaries have equal value.  What is this anniversary worth?  It’s worth a quiet moment of reflection.

After one year of marriage I am still as excited that Morgan is my wife as I was on the day we were married.  I’m not always successful at being the husband that Morgan deserves and there are days when I fall on my face but she picks me up and in her own special way she dusts me off and makes me feel better about it, then we try again the next day.  It is in the moments that I am at my worst that Morgan shines, she is truly my hearts keeper and she does an amazing job of making me happy.  We have had our fights and our shared moments of defeat but each day we end things the same way, “I love you” and a kiss goodnight.  There are still the silly arguments about who loves who more and we definitely have fallen deeper into our own special little brand of humor. 

We’ve continued to create words for how much we love each other! That’s right we’re so spectacularly in love with one another that the English language doesn’t have words that do us justice…it’s silly but it’s perfectly us.  It’s truly hard to describe what my wife means to me, I find that at times I’m not capable of expressing my gratitude to her for being such an amazing companion.  All in all it is truly a year worth celebrating because we aren’t just newlyweds, we are creating and melding our family into something great!

I’ve found that time with our children and the moments we spend in church always tend to center us as a family and ensure that we don’t get too far off course.  Perhaps the calm that currently envelopes my soul is due to the renewed sense of faith that Morgan has inspired in me.  In the end it’s been an awesome year and I’m happier now than I was a year ago which is a great place to be.

So what is our anniversary worth?  Everything.  I love my wife and I love each and every one of the 31,536,000 seconds we’ve spent together as a married couple.  I look forward to an even better next 525,600 minutes!  When you have a love like ours it makes each of the 8,760 hours less of an achievement and more of a celebration!!  Maybe next year I’ll come up with 365 reasons why I love my Morgan, but would anyone want to read it when I think that the 12 sentences I just wrote are a good reflection of us?  Maybe I’ll give you one last thought-anniversaries will pass like mileage markers on the highway, just make sure you're making this big road trip with the right passenger in the seat next to you…it makes all the difference in the world.



Yes everyone...he is truly this awesome in every moment of everyday! I fail continuously at successfully conveying just how much I love him!!



Best prayer of my life :)

SO HAPPY!!!


These two melt my heart...so Happy Leah found her place {and Kyle found his too:)}

The official wedding party

Silly girls!

One big happy!

My boos!

Silly boy decided to make a break for the fountains!

Pretty much a look we give each other ALL of time!


Whhhaaaattt??!!



Yes, lot's of kissing!!

:)

One of my absolute faves!

Crazy my ring can fit in his!!

Luff Miss Muash 3-8-11

No comments:

Post a Comment