So let's just start out by saying, whoa! Spring Break was cuh-razy!! We started things off with baptisms and planned on a pretty normal week with few fun activities in between. Monday the kids hung out with Mimi while I worked a half day...from the looks of these pics I would say they were having a pretty great time!
Tuesday morning I actually got up to ride with Kyle to work...it was the first time in awhile but I was ready to go at 6:45 am! Thanks to Spring Break, there was no traffic yet we still managed to end up in a 3 car pile-up {we were the meat of the car crash sandwich}! It was very scary but I was so happy that it was just Kyle and I! We are both pretty sore and a little beaten up, but the Volvo was not so lucky...it is a total loss :(
We headed back home, let the nanny take the kids to the playground for a picnic and do afternoon naps while we got some rest.
Wednesday we both took the day off to take care of car things and spend some QT with the kids. Thursday and Friday we got semi back to normal and played with Maddox's shooter {his water gun} in the backyard. Kasen on the other hand decided to stick with the bubbles {the bottle was empty before he got ahold of it :)}.
Friday night was movie night! Kyle and I got to pick so we went with Mary Poppins. The kids loved it! They are forbidden to eat anywhere but the kitchen table but movie night brought drinks, popcorn and an oreo upstairs! It was happiness overload!!
Saturday was of course soccer time! The girls finally didn't have overlapping games so Kyle was able to watch Corin play...you can take the coach out of the game, but you can't take the coach out of the dad. It's pretty entertaining to watch! With so many kids gone for Spring Break, the girls had to play more than normal! It was definitely a low key rest of the day!
Mr. Dad carting everyone across the field.
Kasen totally looks like a little man taking it all in :)
He thinks this face will get him out of anything...
Two of my fave pics of these two!!
Time for a little Coach/Player pep talk!
Sometimes it's a lot of work being the big brother!
Corin taught Kasen how to cheer..go Leah go!
And now Spring Break is over...it's bittersweet, but after all of the craziness of the 'spontaneous' events and people that just try to get under our skin, Kyle and I still ended last night with an I Love You and a kiss goodnight. Everything else just falls into place after that :)

No comments:
Post a Comment