Tuesday, October 18, 2011

in the beginning. . .

Since I decided to start this blog after Kyle and I were married, I am going to take a few posts to catch everybody up...plus I love telling our story! If you know us, you would have to agree that we have a pretty powerful love story! If you are ever in doubt that you won't find 'the one', step back and take a break and stop trying so hard. Hopefully after that, you will end up with someone as truly amazing as Kyle. Sorry for all of the cliches, but when I married Kyle, I gained an amazing family (I hope he would say the same) to support my 3 little ones added another little one and now have this awesome family!


So here goes...Kyle and I met in February of 2010 and had our first date on February 26 at Abuelo's in Lewisville. It lasted six hours!! We shut down the restaurant and stood out in the parking lot for as long as we could stand it! It was perfect :) I sat through half the meal without an earring, but it's those funny moments that make it great! After that, we pretty much had a date every 3 or 4 days. Kyle took me to see Phantom of the Opera - - one of my ALL time faves! If he didn't have me after the first date, he did after this!


This is the first picture Kyle and I ever took. We were at a bowling alley with some couple friends of mine. I took my camera and told Shaina to make sure she snuck in a picture of us :) I know, I'm sneaky! And I know this is only like 18 months old, but I feel like we look so young!
Kyle and I have gone through some heavy stuff, but neither of us has ever had one doubt about our relationship and THAT is the best feeling in the world! He is my rock and I could never make it without him! I love you Kyle!


Here are some of my fave pics of us :)


This was the first pic I framed at my desk.

I was told I had some attitude going on in this picture! I LOVE having a tall man!!

Mine and Kyle's first road trip/vacation was to Vail to meet his parents in September 2010. We spent 12 hours each way in the car and never once wanted to kill each other! It was impressive :) Thanks to Steve and Joy for being amazing hosts. This is us ice skating in Beaver Creek...Kyle's first time to ice skate, yet I was the one that ended up with bruises everywhere!


 This is from Thanksgiving at Maw-Maw's house...I feel like Kyle and I have been together forever, so it is so crazy to think that last year was our first Thanksgiving together!

Christmas dinner with the whole Bridgefarmer fam at Uncle Julio's. Love when we get to where our boots!


And fancy dinner with the Helbings at the North Dallas Country Club. We only stayed for drinks since Little Miss Leah and McKenzie got to tag along, but it is always fun to get dressed up :)


Kyle proposed to me on the West Mall of the University of Texas. The boy did his research and found out when the tower would light to make sure he would propose when it did. He is so thoughtful and made our weekend in Austin truly amazing! Can't believe my Red Raider did it :)

On a trip back to Austin over the summer, we had our picture taken on the very spot he proposed and I will always be able to go back to it!



We had a pre-wedding honeymoon in Vail and it was awesome. Before we left, we had a huge snow fight and this is the aftermath...

I'm not sure that everyone knows how incredibly silly Kyle and I are, but here's a small taste.


On March 8, 2011, I married a man that was far beyond my dreams. I didn't know someone like Kyle existed and that I could love someone this much! Thanks #8 for making everything worth it!!



During the Spring we took a trip to Austin to visit Kyle's grandparents, Bettye and Gil. It was perfect, we didn't go anywhere and do anything other than paddle boat, fish and eat...ALOT! It was a perfect trip for our family.


And most recently, and probably Kyle's fave, we took a trip up to Lubbok for Texas Tech's opening weekend of football. It was completely spontaneous and last minute, but we loaded all 4 of the kids up, headed to the Calmes' house and had an awesome time!






Enough about me and Kyle, right?? I'll do some posts on the kids soon...I'm a picture freak so it might take a little while to organize things. But stay tuned and until then, enjoy this ah-mazing weather!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment