Last Wednesday my sister Danielle came into town. She is my BEST friend in the whole big wide world and she moved to Portland a couple of years ago. It was like someone ripped my arm off. But with text messaging and Facebook we are always in touch. Thursday we did dinner with Mom and Larry and Friday, Danielle and Mom came and had lunch with Kyle and I at the Galleria. Mi Cocina {yum!} with my sis and shopping...it was a good day!
Saturday morning we went to Caleb's {my brother Brian's son} soccer game. He is 3 and it was so adorable! I mean he might have gotten distracted a few times and some of the players might randomly decide they are going to take a break, but how cute, I mean serious does he look?!?!
After a visit with the Ratcliff's, it was off to Corin's game. We lost...again. But hey, it's important to be a good sport. Now if you are reading this and you played recreational softball with me last spring, you know I am saying this through gritted teeth. I don't like to lose and I don't see the point in playing if you aren't trying to win. Another reason why Kyle and I are so compatible...we are incredibly competitive! It keeps things interesting ;)
Sunday we did nothing, which was FABULOUS! So fast forward to Monday where the Ratcliffs descended upon my dad's house for a visit with my sis and dinner.
Kyle and MawMaw planned their birthday party {they are both December 28 babies!} and Julia and I showed Danielle the magic world of Pinterest {if you don't know what this is, stop reading my blog and go to pinterest.com right now...I order you!!! I will be posting soon about my favorite spots on the web and this will DEFINITELY be included.}
So after a night of good food {Danielle made pulled pork and red velvet cake!}, it was time to say goodbye to my lil' sis :-( BUT we already have a trip planned back home at Spring Break! I love that she loves Portland but I don't love that it is so far away! C'est la vie.
Up next, is a weekend with Special K, cooler weather and more sports!
Enjoy your weekend!!

No comments:
Post a Comment