Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Kasen's First ROARtastic Birthday!

So it's a couple of months late but here is the scoop on Kasen's super spectacular FIRST birthday party!

For those who don't know, Leah and Kasen are pretty much BFFs! She will protect him from anything and everything and he lights up when she is around. So we decided Kasen would be okay with letting Leah handle his party theme by proxy. Nearly 6 months ago, Leah picked DINOSAURS!!! We went theme crazy :) I was a little worried that we wouldn't be able to do much with it, but with the internet and a creative husband, the possibilities are endless!


First off, the invitations and a personalized banner to match...get a load of those googly eyes! 

We were SO excited to send these out! Next up was a call to my cakemaker friend Melody, she is amazing! I sent her a picture of the invitation and a banner and voila! The most adorable dinosaur cake ever!



Our party favor table was a candy bar (you're welcome parents :)! Everyone had their own personalized DIN-O-MITE bags and the candy of their choice. The girls were more than happy to fill up the leftover bags...

All of the food had dinosaur themed names! Bronto Burgers, fruit trees in Pteradactyl Park, Brachio Bites, Mac-a-Roarrry and Cheese! I have to give a high five to the hubs for coming up with some fantastic names.



The presents were put into a hungry googly eyed dinosaur!

And of course, as with every party I've ever thrown, we had a thousand more ideas than there was actually time to implement...but now that we are past the theme, let's get to the party of it all!

So the party started at 4 and all day I had been telling Kyle that we had to make sure everyone went down for naps at 1 so they weren't cranky. The older kids weren't such a problem but Kasen decided to take a nap at 11 and had NO interest in laying back down in the afternoon...normally, I would just roll with it. BUT we had every Lang family member coming from far and wide and my little boy needed to make his birthday debut! So Kyle and I took turns trying {unsuccessfully} to get the birthday boy to sleep. So fast forward to 4:30 when everyone is arriving and saying their hellos, while I am putting a cranky, sleepy baby down for a nap! It's his party and he can nap if he wants too, right?!?!

In the meantime everyone ate and mingled and checked out the house.

I can only guess Aunt Tomi is telling Corin about the next package she is going to send her :)

 Aunt Tomi and Aunt Kimmie came in from Lubbock and Pearland.

 And Mimi made it all the way in from Pearland via Lubbock! So grateful to have her at the house. I know Kyle loved being able to show her all of the kid's rooms, etc.

And of course, a dad and his girls :)

Oh look who decided to make an appearance...he looks thrilled, doesn't he??


Oh well, a little bit of food in his belly and this boy was ready for some cake!!

So I wasn't exactly sure how the cake eating would go...Maddox didn't want to have much to do with his when he turned one and we don't really feed Kasen a bunch of sweets, if any. But here comes dad with the cake, ready to sing happy birthday and blow out some candles.
And if you are wondering what Kasen is doing with his hands, he would be eating cake. That's right...not even through the song and the boy is ALL over it. We cut him his own piece and it was the most spectacular feeding frenzy I had ever seen. I don't know that any of us had seen a 1 year old pick up and entire piece of cake and eat it.



So after devouring his cake, it was time for cleanup. I called in dad for this one...I was tired!



The party was a success, the house didn't get destroyed and we got to spend some great time with family...it was a great day! So thankful I got to be with this little boy for his first birthday!

From 2 pooped parents...
Thank you to everyone who made the drive out to the house and for making Kasen's First Birthday SPECIAL!!


No comments:

Post a Comment