Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Decorations!

I will be the first to admit that I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! The lights, the music, the decorations, spending time with family and spoiling the kids...normally I am decoration crazy, but this year we majorly toned it down. We did some lights on the house, stockings, a tree upstairs with the kids keepsakes and the big one downstairs with our new Lang family ornaments :) I would like to say that trimming the tree for the first time as a family was magical and fantastic, but here's the truth. It was a total pain in the a**!! I pulled out my artificial tree from last year and shocker 80% of the lights didn't work. So we decided to just get a new one. No big and off to Target we went. One Target turned into three Targets and we were never able to get our hands on the tree we wanted. So instead, Kyle got one of those magic tools and went through every strand on the tree and got all of the lights to work. And for about a week, it was perfection! And then this happened...

 :( and of course, all of the decorations were already on {and I hadn't taken a picture}, so there was no turning back. So we will just go with this as the official first Lang family Christmas tree picture!
But we bought all new ornaments and I would say that they are a perfect representation of us. Lodgy, shiny, rustic, whimsical...c'est bonne!

And this was the kids tree upstairs with all of the keepsake and sentimental ornaments. We tried a star on top, but at only 4 feet tall, it could handle much :/

 And our stockings! I love love LOVE them!!!! {I made them so I might be a little biased ;)} I totally took an idea from Pinterest with the two stocking holders and curtain rods to hang all of them. With 6 stockings {and an extra just in case}, it would've looked just a bit cluttered!

 And onto the Christmas lights...the kids were so excited and got to help!



I stole another idea for Pinterest for teacher/neighbor/carpool gifts...they are whisks filled with hershey kisses and the notes say "We Whisk You a Merry Kissmas!" Love it!!



Ok, now onto the Christmas celebrations!! Post coming soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment