Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Helbing Family Christmas

I would say we are on our way to starting a tradition with the Helbings {Kyle's parents} every Christmas of dinner, presents and a Christmas story. So this past Friday evening {after another whirlwind pick up of Kasen thanks to Kyle having to work late}, the kids and I met up with Mimsy, GP and Dad at Blue Goose for dinner. It was pretty quick, but soooo good! Afterwards, we headed to our house for a few presents and a Christmas story. Maddox got a new Mater truck!
And the girls each got a new apron and gem stickers! The aprons will be used ALOT!!
Kasen got a learning book with lights and songs {Moo Moo might have stolen it a few times!} Kasen doesn't totally get the whole unwrapping things so it was more of a stand and watch mission. It was late and he looks pretty pitiful here :(
After Kyle and I finished unwrapping gifts, it was time for GP to read, How the Grinch Stole Christmas. The kids paid WAY more attention then they did last year. It was great!

Saturday night Kyle and I headed off to the Northwood Club for the grown-up Helbing Family Christmas Dinner. Steve's parents and his 3 brothers and family were there and it is always so great to see everyone!! Plus the food and drinks are always amazing and who couldn't use a little adults only time?? I don't have any pictures...yet! I'm hoping Miss Sydney Helbing is going to help me out with that!

Thank you Mims, GP and all of the other Helbings for a fantastic weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment